Last Updated on August 20, 2023 by Eden
K-pop concerts have lots of rules when it comes to what you can and can’t bring. And the first thing most kpop fans want to know is what kind of bags you can have.
It’s not unusual for a concert venue to only allow clear bags for security reasons. Experienced kpop fans can tell you that bag checks are pretty much standard at any concert hall.
But where do you buy kpop concert bags? Which bags are the best? And what can you bring in your tote bag?
If you’re headed to your first k-pop concert (or your next show) these tips can help you find the right bag.
Featured Item: Kpop Journal
Looking for a fun way to keep track of your favorite boy groups or girl groups? Check out this cute kpop journal (download + print or use with Goodnotes!)
Table of Contents
Why Do Kpop Concerts Require Clear Bags?
Clear bags are pretty much standard at kpop concerts (and other concerts) for one simple reason: it’s designed to keep fans (and k-pop groups) safe.
From my personal experiences, I can tell you that there are certain things you just can’t take to a kpop concert. Banned items usually include:
- Weapons of any kind (that means pepper spray, too)
- Illegal drugs
- Outside food and drinks
- Professional recording equipment (especially if you’re attending a BTS concert)
Concert venues use metal detectors, clear bag policies and bag checks to make sure that k-pop fans are following the rules. If you have something that you’re not supposed to have, security personnel can confiscate it or ask you to leave the venue.
What kind of bags are not allowed at kpop concerts?
It really depends on the venue’s rules but the list can include:
- Diaper bags
- Large purses
- Suitcases or any kind of luggage
- Any bag that is not clear
Reading over the venue’s policies before you go can help you avoid any issues when you’re trying to get into the concert.
Where to Buy Kpop Concert Bags
Ready to shop for a new kpop concert bag? Here are some of my top picks for finding venue-approved bags.
The Daebak Company is a one-stop shop for all things kpop. You can find all kinds of fun things here, including:
- Kpop albums
- K-beauty products
- Korean snacks
And of course, they do sell bags including this clear PVC sling bag.
It’s a perfect choice if you’re looking for a crossbody bag that’s big enough to hold everything you want to bring to the concert but not so oversized that it won’t meet the venue’s approval.
Amazon is another go-to spot for kpop concert bags. You can find lots of PVC bags here, including this clear stadium-approved shoulder bag.
This is actually the bag I use for all of my kpop concerts and I love it because it doesn’t go over the size requirements and it’s big enough to hold my phone, a charger, my light stick, extra batteries, my wallet and my keys.
If you don’t want a shoulder bag, you can find other options, including crossbody bags, clear mini backpacks and PVC fanny packs.
Etsy might not be the first place you think of for purchasing kpop concert bags, but you can actually find a ton of cute options here.
Some of the bags for sale are the same thing you could find on Amazon. So you might want to compare prices on Amazon to see which one is cheaper.
But other bags are personalized for specific groups, like this Tomorrow X Together concert bag. If you only stan one group then you might choose that option.
On the other hand, you might want a plain bag if you also stan another group like Stray Kids or Ateez. That way, you can personalize and decorate your bag for each show that you go to.
Local kpop stores near you
Last but not least, you can shop at local kpop stores for kpop concert bags.
Kpop stores are great because they sell so many different things–albums, photobooks, photocards, lightsticks, clothing–and yes, clear concert bags.
If you live in the United States but you’re not in a major city like Los Angeles or Atlanta, then a k-pop store might be hard to find. But you can always shop at them online.
Here are a few of my favorite online kpop shops:
I’ve purchased things from all three stores multiple times and have always been happy with the quality of the items and the shipping speed.
There is one more popular kpop store in the U.S. that I won’t name here because I had a terrible personal experience with buying from them. So I’ll just say instead that if an online store has customer reviews on Facebook or their website, READ THEM.
Checking bad reviews can save you a lot of time, money and headaches when shopping for kpop concert bags or other merch.
Kpop Concert Bag Ideas
Clear bags might be standard for a kpop concert but let’s face it, they look pretty boring. The good news is that you can do some personalizing to make sure you have a cute bag for the show.
For example, you can add buttons, keychains, personalized charms or photo cards of your favorite group or bias. Those are all small things but they can make your bag extra cute and eye-catching.
Here are a few of my favorite aesthetic ideas for decorating kpop concert bags.
What Should Go In Your Kpop Concert Bag?
- Phone and portable charger. You might be spending a long time at the venue, especially if you have VIP tickets that include hi touch or you’re going to the sound check before the show. So a portable power bank is essential for keeping your mobile device charged.
- Water and small snacks. While you might not be able to take any outside food or drink into the venue, it’s a good idea to have some water and something to snack on if you’ll be waiting in line outside for several hours. You can check the venue to see if refillable water bottles are allowed.
- Concert tickets. Unless the venue requires all concertgoers to have mobile tickets, you’ll need to have a physical copy of your tickets in your bag so you can get into the show. That’s true for general admission ticket holders and VIP ticket holders.
- Sunscreen. Some kpop concerts can attract long lines since fans will get to the venue super early to meet up with concert buddies or shop for merchandise. If you’re going to be outside in the sun all day, you might want to bring along some sunscreen to protect your skin.
- Hand wipes. Kpop concerts are a great place to meet new people but they can also be a breeding ground for germs. Taking some hand sanitizing wipes along can help you keep your hands clean if you’re touching surfaces that everyone else is touching, too.
- Light stick. No kpop concert is complete without your lightstick! If you don’t have a lightstick yet, you can buy them online, shop for them at local kpop stores or buy them at the concert venue. Just remember to bring extra batteries so your light stick doesn’t die in the middle of the show.
- Pain reliever. Kpop concerts are loud since you’ve got thousands of people crammed into one room screaming their heads off while music is blasting. If loud noise tends to give you a headache then it’s probably a good idea to bring some over-the-counter pain relief in your concert bag.
- Cash and a credit card. More kpop concert venues are going cashless, which means you’ll need a debit card or a credit card to pay for food, drinks and merch inside the venue. But you might need cash to pay for parking or public transport if you’re traveling to the venue by bus or train.
Here’s one more tip for going to your first kpop concert: wear comfortable shoes.
You might see kpop fans posting their kpop concert fits on social media and be tempted to go for 6-inch platform heels but trust me, your feet will be screaming by the end of the show.
Wearing comfy shoes, at least for your first show, means you won’t be hobbling when you leave the venue. And you can check out other fits in person to plan what you’ll wear for upcoming concerts.
Final thoughts on kpop concert bags
Seeing your favorite artists perform live is an amazing experience. Whether you’re seeing going to kpop concerts in the United States, South Korea or anywhere else, it’s important to have a venue-approved bag for the show. Once you’ve got your concert bag together, you can work on practicing fan chants and making some cute signs for the show so you can have the best time possible.
Save 10% in the Cute Frog Creations shop when you join our email list!
And get the latest blog posts + updates delivered to your inbox!