Last Updated on April 16, 2023 by Eden
Going to k-pop concerts can be an amazing experience. Not only can you see your favorite k-pop artists perform live and in person, but it’s also a chance to meet up with online friends and make new kpop besties.
Wondering which k-pop acts are touring in your area? Searching for ‘kpop concerts near me’ is a simple way to find out.
Whether you’re into girl groups, boy bands, or a little of both, here’s how to find kpop concert dates near you. Plus, we’re sharing a few tips on how to score k-pop concert tickets, what to bring to a kpop concert if it’s your first time going and whether it’s worth it to splurge on VIP kpop concert packages.
Featured Item: Kpop Journal
Looking for a fun way to keep track of your favorite boy groups or girl groups? Check out this cute kpop journal (download + print or use with Goodnotes!)
Table of Contents
Kpop Concerts Near Me 2023
Finding kpop concerts near you is as simple as typing your zip code into Google Maps with the phrase ‘kpop concerts near me’.
Just plug your zip code in here for a list of upcoming events, including live performances and music festivals, for your area.
Note: The map will open in a new window
You can also try these search queries to find kpop events near you:
- ‘Upcoming concerts near me kpop’
- ‘Kpop shows near me’
- ‘Kpop festivals near me’
- ‘Kpop live concert near me’
- ‘Live music near me kpop’
- ‘Kpop tours near me’
- ‘Kpop tours upcoming dates’
You can narrow down your search by looking at specific cities as well. For example, if you live in the NYC area you could try searching for ‘kpop concerts in new york city’.
Related post: First Kpop Concert? 10 Things to Know Before You Go
Where Are Most K-Pop Concerts Held?
K-pop events may have originated in South Korea but they’ve gained international popularity. Many kpop concerts are now held across Asia, Europe, and North America.
The number of live tour events taking place in the U.S. and Canada has grown exponentially in the last few years. For example, some of the biggest groups that scheduled North American tour dates in 2022 included:
- Twice (4th World Tour III)
- Blackpink (Born Pink Tour)
- ATEEZ (Fellowship: Beginning of the End Tour and Break the Wall Tour)
- Seventeen (Be the Sun Tour)
- Stray Kids (Maniac World Tour)
- Tomorrow X Together (Act: Lovesick Tour)
- Itzy (Checkmate World Tour)
- Enhypen (Manifesto Tour)
- Monsta X (No Limit Tour)
And of course, BTS and Big Hit Entertainment reportedly raked in more than $75 million across its 11 “Permission to Dance” shows, which took place in Seoul, Las Vegas, and Los Angeles.
Plenty of other groups and k-pop artists also opted to hold a U.S. tour in 2022, thanks to the rising interest in k-pop and Korean culture. Those included:
- DPR’s Regime World Tour
- Brave Girls’ 1st U.S. tour
- DKB Meet & Live Grand America Tour
- SF9’s Delight Tour
- Epik High Is Here Tour
In terms of where kpop groups visit, they’re all over the map. LOONA performed in Kansas City as part of the girl group’s 1st world tour while Seventeen, Ateez and Stray Kids all made stops at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey.
Some kpop groups have even begun to branch out tour dates into Latin America and South America as well. The Omega X U.S. Connect World Tour, for example, included shows in Mexico City and Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Related post: How Long Are Kpop Concerts?
Where to Buy Kpop Concert Tickets
If you’re interested in buying kpop tickets, there are a number of websites where you can find them. Some of the most trusted options for buying kpop tickets include:
- Vivid Seats
One thing to note is that ticket prices can vary from one site to the next, even for the same event. That’s because these sites allow existing ticket holders to resell them at prices above face value.
So while tickets to a kpop concert might initially sell for $50 you could end up paying two or three times that, or even more, depending on how in-demand those tickets are.
Here are a few tips for securing kpop concert tickets:
- Mark your calendar. You’ll want to be sure you know when the tickets go on sale so you’re not last in line to buy them.
- Register for presale. If you’re able to register for presale using your email, it’s a good idea to do that. Registering for presale does not guarantee a ticket, as many Swifties can tell you. But it can give you an early shot at the queue to buy them.
- Join the email list. Even if you’re not registered for presale you can still get notified when kpop tickets go on sale by registering your email with the ticketing site. Creating an account beforehand can also save time and stress at checkout if you’ve already entered your name and personal information.
Should you buy resale kpop concert tickets?
Whether it makes sense to buy kpop resale tickets depends on your budget and how badly you want to go to the show.
Resale tickets can be substantially more expensive, especially when you factor in the various processing fees you have to pay.
I’ve purchased resale tickets twice and both times paid around $2,000 for four tickets. That’s a huge markup from the $50-$150 those tickets were originally selling for. But it was worth it to see some of my favorite groups for the first time (but hopefully not the last time).
It’s also essential to think about what happens if you can’t go to the show or worse, the concert is canceled.
For example, NCT 127 had to cancel Neo City, the group’s 2nd world tour in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. More recently, NCT Dream had their much-anticipated sold-out dome tour canceled after members Mark Lee and Huang Renjun tested positive for COVID.
In those instances, fans were able to get their ticket prices refunded. But if you’re hoping to go to a show and you get sick, you might be out the money you paid if you’re not able to find someone to buy them.
Are VIP kpop concert tickets worth the money?
Purchasing VIP tickets to a kpop concert is an ultimate goal for many kpop fans. Being a VIP can offer certain benefits, including:
- Backstage photo ops
- Soundcheck assess
- Priority seating
- Special merch or freebies
- Hi touch access after the show
To get all of that, however, you’re going to pay more for your tickets. And you’re also going to have to get in line earlier on the day of the show to make sure you get a good spot along the barricade or front row.
If you’re going to your first kpop concert, going VIP may not be worth it just yet if you don’t know exactly what to expect. But you might splurge for VIP tickets at your next show if you want to take your experience to the next level.
How to Prepare for a Kpop Concert Near You
Got your tickets? The hardest part might be over but there’s still some planning to do to get ready for a kpop concert.
You can start by checking off your kpop concert packing list. Here are some of the most important things to bring to a kpop concert:
- Bottled water if you’ll be standing in line outside the venue for a long period of time
- An umbrella or jacket if you’ll be outside and rain or cold weather is expected
- Snacks to munch on pre-show (though the venue you may not allow you to bring in outside food)
- A credit card/debit card if the event is cashless, plus a little cash just in case of emergency
- Your lightstick and lightstick accessories (unless you plan to buy lightsticks at the concert)
- Your phone and a portable battery charger so you can take lots of pictures and videos
- Lip balm and mints
- A mini first aid kit
- A clear bag to hold it all in
Keep in mind that many kpop concert venues are cashless so you’ll only be able to buy merch or concessions with a credit or debit card. And there are certain things you might be banned from bringing, including oversized signs, oversized bags, tablets or professional-grade camera equipment.
You’ll also want to make your travel arrangements in advance, including booking a hotel if you need to and planning for local transportation. That might include calling a taxi, booking an Uber or riding public transportation to get to the venue and back.
Don’t forget your kpop lightstick charms!
Remember to keep safety in mind as well.
For example, you might be planning your 1st meet in person with kpop friends you’ve met online. In that case, it’s a good idea to let family members or IRL best friends know where you’ll be and who you’ll be with.
When leaving the venue, it may be safer to move in a group especially if you’re going to be in a new area that’s unfamiliar to you late at night. If you’re driving, it might be a good idea to park as close to the venue as possible in a parking garage or lot that’s well-lit and patrolled by the police department or private security.
Those are all ways to stay safe at a kpop concert.
Related post: Kpop Store Near Me Ultimate Guide: Where to Find a Kpop Shop
What to Wear to a Kpop Concert
Once you’ve got your kpop concert packing list together, all you need now is the perfect outfit.
You can check out Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter for kpop concert fit ideas. When deciding what to wear to a kpop concert, here are a few rules to keep in mind:
- Cute shoes aren’t always the most comfortable option, especially if you’re going to be standing for a long time.
- Wearing clothes that have obscene or offensive images or phrases might get you kicked out if they violate the venue’s dress code.
- Spikes and chains can look amazing with certain outfits but you want to be careful to avoid getting snagged on anything (or anyone) else.
- Big hats are usually a no-no unless you want to seriously annoy the person behind you whose view you’re blocking.
- Underwear as outerwear could get you ticketed for public indecency if you’re showing off too much skin or your private parts.
A good way to find the perfect outfit for a kpop show is to try them on at home beforehand and take pictures from different angles. That way, you can see how it looks and how it feels beforehand so you’re not wearing something that’s uncomfortable or ill-fitting the night of the show.
Related post: What NOT to Wear to a Kpop Concert
Final thoughts on kpop concerts near me
Listening to YouTube or Spotify can’t compare to hearing your favorite group or soloist’s latest releases (or classic songs) in person. Searching for ‘kpop concerts near me’ can put you one step closer to living out your kpop fan dreams.
Save 10% in the Cute Frog Creations shop when you join our email list!
And get the latest blog posts + updates delivered to your inbox!
12 thoughts on “Kpop Concerts Near Me: Free Kpop Concert Locator ”
How to buy tickets from Pakistan ?
Ticketmaster and StubHub both sell tickets in Pakistan so you could try either one to see if you can find events for your favorite kpop groups there. I’m most familiar with how ticketing works in the U.S. and those are the two sites I use most frequently to buy kpop concert tickets. Hope this helps in some way!